Don’t miss twelve new works by local playwrights and performing artists – the 5-Minute Fringe: Friday, February 22 at 8pm; Saturday, February 23 at 8pm; Sunday, February 24 at 2pm at the Yocum Institute for the Arts, 3000 Penn Avenue, West Lawn, PA. Tickets $15.
The 5-Minute Fringe gives creative artists a platform to develop new and experimental work on a small scale, and it gives audiences a glimpse into the minds of local performers and writers.
This year’s theme is Finding Home, explored through music, words, and movement by:
- Jayne Brown – Home Without the Hub – memoir
- Christine Cieplinski – Low Moan to Growl – story
- Emily Hannon – There’s No Place Like Home? – letters and commentary
- Chris Heslop and Vicki Haller Graff – George Washington’s Greatest Hits – music and singing
- Santo Marabella – Work Will Bring You Home – a new play directed by Santo Marabella with Kirk Lawrence Howard and Susan Casentini
- David Nice – 12th Street – a new play directed by Sean Sassaman with Amy Young and Lauren White
- Chris Paolini – Peter Pan Goes Over the Rainbow – Part II – movement and singing
- Adam Richter – Dancing Lesson – a new play directed by John Gancar with Kirk Lawrence Howard and Robin Payne
- Rachel Skye – Mi Vida Aloha – piano, poetry, and memoryJessica Warchal-King – Shed – contemporary dance
Plus two original works by the Yocum Institute for the Arts Teen Ensemble